Can I apply for more than one challenge brief?
Yes, you can apply for as many challenge briefs as relevant, all applications will be marked independently. You will only be accepted for one challenge. If you score highly on both, we will have a deliberation call with the internal and external judges to decide the final cohort.
I don’t quite fit some of these criteria, can I still apply?
The Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain programme aims to offer opportunities throughout the year across all stages of maturity. Our applications are often themed to industry challenges across a number of industries. If our active applications aren’t right for the maturity of your business or its specific focus, please register your interest to stay in the loop on future opportunities offered by the Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub.
What if my application is not successful – can I reapply for a later programme?
Yes of course, your application may not have been relevant to the theme or stage of business, as we run applications across all stages of maturity and across industry themes as new applications open you are welcome to apply to these future opportunities.
Will I receive feedback on my application?
Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications, we can’t provide feedback on applications. You can join a webinar as part of the open call process to get advice on applying. We will of course notify everyone that applies of the outcome of their application via email, this will be an automated email.
Who will my application data be shared with?
Does my organisation need to be a UK registered company to enter?
Collaborations may include international contributors but the team must have an establishment in the UK, and the majority of work should be carried out in the UK and teams need to be able to commit to attending workshops and showcase events.
Can I save my application form?
Participants must first complete the registration of interest form on the Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub, upon completion you will receive a link to the full Submittable form. This form can be saved to allow you time to save and come back to your answers. Applicants must submit the application forms in full to be considered for the programmes, we are not able to see in draft forms. Upon submission of this form you are not able to revise or edit the form anymore.
What information will the programme ask for in the application form?
Specific to application briefs and requirements, the application form will seek for more details that help us to understand your solutions, ideas and relevance to the programme. These questions typically seek to understand:
- Company information (for example, company name, full name, email address, founder details and category)
- Progress (for example, stage of company, revenue and customers)
- Idea (for example, strength, originality, relevance, scalability)
- Team (for example, team experience and skill set)
- Challenge application and delivery proposed (for example, relevance, suitability of proposed technical delivery)
- Equity and legal (for example, investment information, non-compete and de minimus state aid compliance)
- Programme participation – ability to commit to attending our workshops and events
There’s no active applications, how can I get involved?
If there are no open applications or the applications that are open are not of interest/relevance then you can register to stay up to date on Digital Catapult and the Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub.
What is the application process?
The application process is straightforward, and consists of a submitted application, followed by a number of an online interviews between selected applicants and the Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain judges and team:
1) Register your interest and chose an open application
2) Interested parties will receive an email with a link to the full application form
3) Applicants must complete the submittable form by the advertised application closing date
4) Application forms reviewed and shortlisted
6) Participants selected and contracts signed
Who can apply?
The Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub has been designed to build a strong ecosystem of partners across supply chains. It brings together opportunities from industry with applied technologies and research from startups, SMES and academics.
Our research and startup application opporunities will be of relevance to those working in or experienced with:
- Immersive technologies including virtual, augmented and cross reality
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Future networks including 5G and IoT technologies
- Distributed systems such as distributed ledger technologies
For specific business maturity please see the requirements for each programme of activities.
What does the programme offer? Why should I apply?
Digital Catapult is unique in its ability to connect high potential scaleups with established businesses, investors, government and public sector, research and academia – to discover new ways of solving industry challenges, increasing productivity and opening up new markets.
Across the Made Smarter Innovation | Digital Supply Chain Hub, a range of opportunities are provided to tackle challenges within supply chains, showcase exciting developments and engage with programme partners.
These may vary across projects where relevant but typically include:
- Regular interactions with the Digital Catapult team, industry experts, and corporate partners to iterate and accelerate your supply chain solutions, and significantly expand your network of peers, investors and customers
- Networking events, roundtables and introductions to industry leaders, relevant investors and potential customers
- The opportunity to join the Digital Catapult alumni network, which keeps them informed of opportunities and relevant updates from the Digital Catapult, and additional opportunities to engage with Digital Catapult and other alumni.