Why should I get involved?
Why should manufacturing companies get involved in the directory?
- Find new suppliers and customers to bring cost-effective production to the UK
- Improve your supply chain resilience by identifying strengths, weaknesses and different supply routes
- Identify alternative supply chains where your company could have an advantage
- Discover capabilities across the UK to anchor your business
- Promote your business to a global audience
Why should industry bodies get involved in the directory?
- Identify the industry mix of areas around the country for your campaigns
- Help your members and partners to anchor their production in the UK
- Develop better reports and recommendations using up-to-date industrial data
- Build stronger connections with other organisations for industrial coalition-building
Why should a public body get involved in the directory?
- Map the UK manufacturing sector to understand policy impacts
- Discover industry clusters that could benefit from further investment or co-ordination
- Develop national initiatives for UK manufacturing, in areas such as workforce development and identifying collaborative R&D
- Understand the currently existing supply journeys for critical UK products
- Inform delivery mechanisms for both national and local policy objectives, such as net zero and regional development